For Eldercare Professionals
At The Brookside, our highly-trained staff has experience dealing with the many logistical issues that can complicate senior living placements.
Working with Family Near and Far
Finding the right assisted living and independent senior living options can be difficult—especially when distance and travel is involved. To make these transitions easier, we offer services for local families who have a relative from out of the area that wishes to move to our community.
We also have experience working with families who live far away, but have a relative who chooses to move to our community—selecting our senior care centers as a way to stay within their social circle, comfort zone, and other community roots.
Whenever a new resident comes to The Brookside, we want to make the transition as frictionless as possible. In these situations, we coordinate efforts with eldercare professionals, assisted living communities, senior care residences, and families to ensure a successful move and a positive transition. We know that continuity is important for seniors. Through our responsive move-in process, we get residents situated and engaged within our community quickly, and with as little disruption as we can.
Responsive Move-In Process
- We respond quickly to accomplish a timely move-in for elders who need support and security immediately.
- We conduct in-home and on-site assessments in hospitals, rehab centers and nursing homes. Please contact our Executive Director to promptly arrange an assessment for your client.
- We offer Short-Term Respite Stays at our community, and utilize “wrap-around” healthcare services from local Visiting Nurse Agencies to assist with transitions.
- We offer assistance throughout the research and decision-making process to eldercare professionals, their clients and families.
- We communicate regularly with eldercare professionals concerning each client’s needs and progress before, during and after a move to The Brookside Assisted Living Community.
On-Site Physical Therapy & Rehab Services
The Brookside provides assisted living for seniors that goes beyond basic care. Our programs provide a variety of care options. We offer on-site physical therapy and rehab services for residents who either need to continue therapies following an acute hospitalization, can benefit from continued therapies after leaving a skilled nursing setting or post-acute rehab, or may have seen a decline in strength at the community. Therapies at The Brookside Assisted Living Community are offered through a third party Medicare certified Visiting Nurse Agency and available to all of our residents on site.